Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sparking Pot

Parking is at a premium at the library I work at, all because a bunch of hippies wanted to save the trees in the parking lot when the branch was remodeled. I think they fit in 2 more spots when it was remodeled but parking still sucks there. A lot. I'd say half of the time I end up parking on the street and having to move my car 2 hours into my shift to avoid a ticket.

Anyway, the head librarian ran out to pick up lunch the other day, and I getting book donations from an old lady in the parking lot. I looked over at her "usual" parking spot and saw she'd placed a cone in front of her spot to save it. Um, one of the foundations of being a public library is that everyone has free and easy access to the library and its materials. This includes your parking spot.

Can I you tell I haven't been a fan of my job or my supervisors lately? :)

1 comment:

addy said...

Damn hippies. What were those tree-hugging assholes thinking? ;-)

I definitely would have moved the cone.