Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bitch to the Last

So, remember how I'd been complaining about how rude and mean my bosses at the library were? Sure enough, the Senior Librarian was mean 'til the last minute. My last day there was last Friday and my wonderful significant other stopped by to see me. It was 10 minutes until we closed and there was absolutely nothing to do. I shelved ALL of my books, plus most of the books belonging to the other pages. 10 minutes left, in walks my lovely fiancee so I stop and chat with her for a minute. The Senior walks by and had to make a snide comment - "I can still fire you, you know." She might have meant it sarcastically but the way she says things, it's with such conviction.

I had no choice but to smirk and ask, "Would you like to meet my fiancee?" I hope that embarrassed her some and made her feel like an ass. Any doubts I was having about leaving the library to accept a full time job were gone in that instant. No way do I want to work for a boss like that ever again.

In other news - only two weeks left to go in my first semester! w00t!

2 comments:

addy said...

Yay!

Wow. She really is a cranky bitch! So glad you have the new job and don't have to work there anymore! It just sucks - because what could have been a chill job and learning experience was totally messed with by some lady with nothing better to do.

Tyler said...

Wow. That's just...wow.