Thursday, February 12, 2009

Intro

Here's a quick summary of my life - I worked as a part-time library page in high school and all 4 years of college. I graduated with a degree and got a job in my field where I worked for 8 1/2 years, then I got laid off. I managed to get the same job I had in college but now I'm 30. And I'm engaged. And we're living with my Mom.

Needless to say, life has thrown me for a loop. After thinking about how much I'd come to dislike the world of my major, I decided to go to library school for my Master's and become a librarian. I'm currently enrolled in an online program and taking 2 classes per semester with an expected graduation date of December 2010.

Shortly after that, I'd like to get a job as a children's librarian.

After that, I'd like to write and illustrate children's books.

After that, I'd like to become a senior librarian.

After that, I'd like one of my children's books to be optioned as a motion picture.

After that, I'd like to become a principal librarian.

After that, I'd like to star in the second motion picture based on one of my children's books.

After that, I'd like to become City Librarian.

Needless to say, I have some things planned out.

1 comment:

addy said...

I like your goals. Especially the one about your children's book being optioned into a movie. I want that one too.