Sunday, February 15, 2009

Patronage

As a lowly library page, one of the things I've come up with to deal with boredom is to name the regular library patrons that come in. So far, we have:

1. Wyatt Earp - he's got a mustache Wyatt would be envious of, and the smell of a cowboy to match.

2. The Tutor - he tutors high school kids in math, and seems like a pretty good guy.

3. The Girl Tutor - pretty much like The Tutor, but a girl version.

4. Shirley Jackson - This guy comes in and researches the draws on the state lottery. He writes them all down in a log sheet. I think he's trying to develop some formulas or something.

5. Sign Guy - When he's done using whatever books he reads, this really sweet elderly man stands outside of the library and stares at the sign where our hours are posted. He writes them down on a piece of paper, but never remembers what the library hours are.

6. Pet Store - sadly, this guy smells like a pet store. End of story.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

You should try and hook The Tutor and The Girl Tutor up. Seems like they would have a lot in common.

Erica said...

I think I must be "Annoying Girl" at my library. Let me explain. When I enter the library, there is a huge "Returns" sign with a place to drop your books. I have used this box in the past and twice my books have been put on the shelf without being checked in, so now I wait in line to talk to the one librarian (everything is do it yourself automated these days, except the returns...go figure) to return my books. Last time, the woman said, "There is a box for returns right behind you." I said, "I haven't had much luck with that." She reluctantly checked my books in for me. Come to think of it, I am probably "Too Good to Use the Box Girl".